No Unnecessary Travel.

Chat about stuff that doesn't fall into the other categories here.
Distinctly Average
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: No Unnecessary Travel.

Post by Distinctly Average » Thu May 21, 2020 10:46 am

If we cannot cough, can we sneeze instead?

This time of year I am actually struggling to not cough or sneeze. The hay fever has kicked in big time but you just cannot be anywhere in public, especially a shop, and sneeze even if you are using tissue.

Jeroensurf
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jeroensurf » Fri May 22, 2020 1:04 pm

I read on the news that everybody who travels to the UK needs to go for 14 days in Quarantine, do you guys know if this is just temporary or a permanent locals only action?

PhilN
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by PhilN » Fri May 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Jeroensurf wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:04 pm
I read on the news that everybody who travels to the UK needs to go for 14 days in Quarantine, do you guys know if this is just temporary or a permanent locals only action?
I think it started off as anyone flying in had 14 day quarantine. Then by any other means as well, but from France it was ok, no quarantine. But then they changed their minds again regarding France. Tomorrow? Who knows?

TwoFish
Has liked: 155 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by TwoFish » Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Jeroensurf wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:04 pm
It's still not clear what the measures are actually going to be. I can't imagine it will be sustainable for very long anyway (assuming we still want an economy), even if it ever does get introduced for EU neighbours at all.

Distinctly Average

Post by Distinctly Average » Fri May 22, 2020 3:08 pm

Not quite sure the government know what to do at the moment as the situation seems to be changing so rapidly. When you end up with Anne Widecombe defending you then you must be in trouble. Maybe that is what drove them to do the opposite to what she wanted and scrap the insane nhs charge.

PhilN
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by PhilN » Fri May 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Announced today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52765196

Anyone entering the UK, from 8 June, will have to self-isolate for 14 days.

Hauliers and fruit-pickers among those exempt
The government says it has “worked closely with industry partners” in drawing up these new rules.

So who will be exempt?

Anyone arriving from the Common Travel Area will not be covered. That’s the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands – including Jersey and Guernsey – and the Isle of Man.

However, there appears to be no exemption for anyone arriving from France, where many Brits have holiday homes. There were reports a couple of weeks ago that this might be the case.

A small number of people working in specific sectors will also not be required to self-isolate, including road haulage and freight workers.

This is designed to ensure the supply of goods is not impacted.

And those coming to the UK to help pick fruit will also be unaffected, as long they self-isolate on the same premises as they are working.

Medics travelling to work here wont have to quarantine either.

Distinctly Average

Post by Distinctly Average » Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 pm

Why do people in power think the rules do not apply to them?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52779356

northy
Been liked: 20 times

Post by northy » Fri May 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Still in bloody lock down in Wales!!!!!

Though the welsh surfing fed now at last agree you can go if its "local"..which is down to interpretation from the police and local do gooders.

Some suggest local means walking distance but it's not actually defined as such.
But golf is now permitted and no one walks to a bloody golf course.
And they still say you shouldn't drive to exercise
So it's all a bit confusing in Wales...no surprise as the welsh assembly have been woeful IMO

I have surfed a few times early...like in the water 5.45am and it's been ok...other people have been fined. Going to try and windsurf tmrw..will see!

Hazzabee
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Hazzabee » Fri May 22, 2020 10:12 pm

Bad vibes Northy :(

Interesting update this evening on the Surfladle fb page:
Screenshot_2020-05-22-23-10-23.png

Jeroensurf
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Jeroensurf » Sat May 23, 2020 7:46 am

Lets hope everything gets back to normal quickly as can.
In the Netherlands the numbers are pretty good and the restrictions are getting slowly eased.
We still have to work at home when possible, keep that 1.5m distance, but that is doable.

The company I work for as an occ. health nurse thinks I can do everything on the phone.
I dare to say that with 15y first aid unit experience i,m pretty good in doing anamneses but finding the problem by knee problems or a serious hand damage without seeing them is impossible.(so in case of doubt, not able to work, go see a doctor).
It is frustrating and boring but on the positive side: I drive 2000km a month less. :)