Sunday 31 May

Had an amazing sail? Tell us all about it.
rod
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 159 times

Sunday 31 May

Post by rod » Sun May 31, 2020 5:25 pm

Gusty easterly. What to do... Foil of course!!! Another brilliant 5hrs on the water zipping up and down. 5.8 + big 84cm foil and micro hover.

Rarely dropping gybes (as in touching down). Foiled right through two 360s today. No cigar but everything seemed to click. I'll get them next time.

The choice was S coast or reservoir (2hrs drive Vs 30mins). Opted for the reservoir. Gusty but really pretty windy in the gusts. Full power on my 5.8. Such fun.

Every day is a windsurfing day.

PK1111
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 92 times

Re: Sunday 31 May

Post by PK1111 » Sun May 31, 2020 6:11 pm

Opted for Shoreham as closer to home than St Mary’s Bay and looked like would be 15 knots after lunch.
It was rammed and I was lucky to get a parking space in the main car park, although had to buy an ice cream to get the £1.50 day car fee (yep, you read that right suckers!)

Rigged the summer slalom gear for its annual outing, a 7.8 overdrive on falcon 122.
Was worried it might get windy quickly but typical easterly , it was very light and gusty without much punch to it.

Semi planed till 12 and had a quick lunch waiting for sea breeze to kick in.

Wind got a bit better from 1, enough to have the odd full throttle run. Darn I do love a hard blast in sunshine and turquoise water!

About 10 sailors out, mostly windsups with some good moves.
One talented chap on a foil going well, but not enough to tempt me.
Several danglies motoring around, all in foils, but my god they actually made it look boring and I usually overtook them.

That’s enough of summer. Time for autumn gales? 😜

crossy5575
Been liked: 4 times

Post by crossy5575 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:03 pm

Shoreham for me too

Can confirm PK was smoking across the water!
Took the kids out ... some progress in beach starting and general rig handling! The low tide waves made it tricky for them - but good practice all the same.

Was knackered after rigging/ de rigging 2.5 3.7 and 4.7 and lugging 2 windsups on and off the car - must be getting old! Or maybe as i wasnt sailing lack of enthusiasm!

Nice day - and not too busy despite the full car park.

As PK said it was noticeable the teebagger coming quite close in with a foil - but the wind foiler stayed well out of everyone's way.

DaveMac
Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by DaveMac » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 pm

PK1111 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:11 pm

Several danglies motoring around, all in foils, but my god they actually made it look boring
😜
Yup. :lol: :lol: :lol: